Please use this column with a suppressor-type ion chromatography system.
Anion standards were analyzed using IC SI-90 4E (a column for anions analysis). For general-purpose, it is recommended to use 1.8mM Na2CO3 + 1.7mM NaHCO3 as the eluent. This eluent is best suited to the separation of typical 7 anions:
Using the flow rate of 1.5 mL/min, seven anions can be analyzed within ten minutes.
Use the column temperature of 25°C.
How to prepare the eluent
(1) Put 19.08g of reagent grade Na2CO3
and 14.28g of reagent grade NaHCO3 into a 1 liter messflask.
(2) Dilute with purified water to make up a 1-liter solution.
(3) Dissolve the solution using an ultrasonic vibrator.
When the solution volume decrease after the vibration,
add pure water to make up the exact 1-liter solution.
This is the concentrated solution and can be stored
for half a year in a refrigerator with a stopper.
(4) When making the eluent, take 10ml of the concentrated
solution and dilute with purified water to make up a 1-liter solution.
Pass the eluent through a 0.45micron membrane filter before use.
The IC SI-90 4E fulfills US EPA Method 300.1 (A) requirements.
1. F– (2ppm) 5. NO3– (10ppm)
2. Cl– (3ppm) 6. HCO3– (300ppm)
3. NO2– (5ppm) 7. PO43- (15ppm)
4. Br– (10ppm) 8. SO42- (15ppm)
Column : Shodex IC SI-90 4E (4.0mmID*250mm) Eluent : 1.8mM Na2CO3+ 1.7mM NaHCO3 aq. Flow rate : 1.0mL/min or 1.5mL/min Detector : Shodex CD-5 and Suppressor module Column temp. : Room temp. (25°)