When analyzing saccharides in food, it is necessary to remove the substances besides saccharides before the analysis. This procedure is called as sample pre-treatment. Here, the analysis result of saccharides in food using Asahipak NH2P-50 4E is shown together with the sample pre-treatment procedure.
(Sample pre-treatment for apple juice)
1) Put 5g of apple juice in a 50mL volumetric flask.
2) Dilute with ultra-pure water to make up a 30mL solution.
3) Neutralize with 10%(W/V) NaOH solution.
4) Apply ultrasonic vibration for 30 minutes using an ultrasonic vibrator.
5) Add ultrapure water to make up a 50mL solution.
6) Filtrate the solution with a paper filter (No.5B).
7) Take a part of the filtrated solution and add the same volume of acetonitrile.
8) Pass through a 0.45μm membrane filter before injecting into HPLC.
Sample: Apple juice, 20μL
Column : Shodex Asahipak NH2P-50 4E (4.6mmI.D. x 250mm) Eluent : CH3CN/H2O=75/25 Flow rate : 1.0mL/min Detector : Shodex RI Column temp. : Room temp.(25°C)