Carbonate and Other Anions (1) (I-524A)
Standard anions (F–, Cl–, NO2–, Br–, NO3–, HPO42-
and SO42-) as well as carbonate were analyzed using IC I-524A
(an anion analysis column for non-suppressor method). When an alkaline eluent is used, peaks of divalent cations (Mg2+, Ca2+) may interfere.
In such instances, the sample must be pretreated using an Na+ type cation exchanger and the divalent cations
in the sample replaced with Na+.
In case that the pH of the eluent is higher than 7.0, 10% methanol should be added to maintain the durability of the packing material.
(Preparation of eluent)
1) Put 0.207g of reagent grade p-hydroxybenzoic acid and 100mL of methanol into a messflask and dissolve.
2) Add pure water to make up a 900mL solution.
3) Add 7.9mL of 0.2M reagent grade diethylethanolamine.
4) Add purified water to make up a 1 liter solution.
5) Pass through a 0.2?m membrane filter before use.
(Remark): 0.2M diethylethanolamine should be kept in a refrigerator.
Sample : 20?L
| 1. F– 5mg/L
2. HCO3– 30mg/L
3. Cl– 5mg/L
4. NO2– 5mg/L
5. Br– 10mg/L
6. NO3– 10mg/L
7. HPO42- 10mg/L
8. SO42- 10mg/L
| AsO43- 50mg/L
Column : Shodex IC I-524A (4.6mmI.D. x 100mm)
Eluent : 1.5mM p-Hydroxybenzoic acid(pH7.8 adjusted with N,N-Diethylethanolamine)
+ 10% CH3OH
Flow rate : 1.2mL/min
Detector : Non-suppressed coductivity
Column temp. : 40°C