Nonylphenol ethoxylates were analyzed using MSpak GF-310 4E ( a multisolvent GPC column ). GF-310 4E is useful for analysis of surfactants getting rid of the influence of impurities such as oil, pigment and sulfur because of Size Exclusion Chromatography effects. The reasons of the effect are following.
1) Oil and pigment are eluted at first for their high molecular weight.
2) Sulfur is eluted later than surfactants for its low molecular weight.
Sample : 5µL
1. Corn oil
2. Nonylphenol ethoxylates 100ppm
3. Nonylphenol 50ppm
4. Nonylphenoxy acetic acid 100ppm
5. Nonylphenol monoethoxy acetic acid 100ppm
6. Nonylphenol diethoxy acetic acid 100ppm
Column : Shodex MSpak GF-310 4E (4.6mmID*250mm) Eluent : 50mM CH3COONH4/CH3CN=10/90 Flow rate : 0.3mL/min Detector : UV(220nm) Column temp. : 40°C