Showa Denko introduces new Shodex™ brand HILICpak columns to cover a wide range of polar separations. Accomplish superior separations and recovery using cationic, anionic and substituted amine type columns. See the range specifics below and click to see specifications and to order your preferred column. Continue reading
Introducing the “HILICpak VT-50”. This sub-series can perform high-sensitivity separations analyses of anionic samples including phosphorylated saccharides, organic acids, and other medical compounds. This product is suitable for measurement of metabolites in organisms. Thus we expect this product to be applied to development of pharmaceuticals and functional foods.
Please review our new VT-50 2D (PEEK) applications:
|1||LC/MS Analysis of Phosphorylated Saccharides (VT-50 2D)|
|2||LC/MS Analysis of Glyphosate and Glufosinate (VT-50 2D)|
|3||LC/MS Analysis of Organic Sulfonic Acids (VT-50 2D)|
(Please note that you may need to register with LCGC Online in order to access the articles)
- Shodex HILICpak VT-50 2D: A HILIC + Anion Exchange HPLC Column for Polar Pesticide Analysis including Glyphosate by Leah Block Sullivan
- Shodex HILICpak VC-50: A Unique Multimodal Column for Polar Anionic Substances including Neurotransmitter Analysis by Leah Block Sullivan
- New SEC Column to be Used with MALS by Leah Block
- Advantages of Shodex NH2P Series, Polymer-Based Amino HILIC Column, Over Silica-Based Amino HILIC Columns by Kanna Ito
- A New HILIC Column for Saccharide Analysis by Melissa Turcotte and Naoya Nakajima
- Separation of Lactulose and Epilactose by By Melissa Turcotte, Satoko Sakai, February 2015, The Application Notebook
- Shodex™_HPLC_approach_for_biomass_related_analysis by Kanna Ito
- PIKESS Analysis – 30X Faster & Fully Compatible with HPLC & UHPLC Instruments
- Simultaneous analysis of ten water-soluble vitamins using DE-413L (2018)
- Hydrophillic Compound Analysis with HILICpak Series (2018)
- LC/MS Analysis of Oligonucleotides without Derivatization (2018)
- Analysis of antibody drug and its additive (2018)
- LCMS analysis of glyphosate and its related compounds (2018)
- Direct Analysis of Glyphosate and Other Similar Polar Pesticides in Various Food Matrices by Dimple Shah, Benjamin Wuyts, et al., 2016
- Direct Analysis of Glyphosate and Similar Polar Pesticides in Oatmeal by UHPLC-MS/MS by Li-Zhong Yang, Zhuo Man, Xiangdong Zhou (Perkin-Elmer) and Feng Qin (Perkin-Elmer, Inc. Canada), 2016)
- Determination of Proteins and Carbohydrates by 2D HPLC (RPLC and HILIC) with Charged Aerosol and Ultraviolet Detection by Marc Plante, Bruce Bailey, Qi Zhang, David Thomas (Thermo Scientific, presented at the Eastern Analytical Symposium, 2015)
- Protein Analysis by GFC: KW-800 and KW-400 HPLC Columns (2013)
- PIKESS Analysis – 30X Faster & Fully Compatible with HPLC & UHPLC Instruments (2010)
Past Exposition & Conference Posters
- LC/MS Analysis of Oligonucleotides using a New Polymer-Based HILIC Column Having a Diol Group
- Rapid Analysis of Low Molecular Weight to High Molecular Weight Polymers by Novel GPC Columns
Pittcon 2017 & ASMS 2017
- Simultaneous LC/MS analysis of saccharides, organic acids, and amino acids with using polymer-based HILIC column under alkaline condition
- LC/MS Analysis of Various Compounds Having Amino or Ammonium Groups with Using New Polymer-based HILIC Column for Cations
- Development of GFC column for Antibody Drug Analysis
- Rapid Measurement of Molecular Weight by a Novel GPC Column
Pittcon 2016 & ASMS 2016 & HPLC 2016
- High sensitive LC/MS analysis of stevia sweeteners using
polymer-based amino column
- Investigation of reverse-phase – HILIC continuous analysis
using a one column
Pittcon 2015 & 250th ACS National Meeting & Exposition
- New GFC Columns for Low Baseline Noise MALS Analysis
- Separation of Lactose, Lactulose and Epilactose by a new HILIC column
- LC/MS analysis of various anionic substances using polymer-based multimode column
Pittcon 2014 & HPLC 2014
- LC/UV/MS analysis of monitoring bioethanol manufacturing process with using polymer-based multi-solvent SEC column
- A new saccharide analysis column for Charged Aerosol Detector
- LC/MS analysis of choline and acetylcholine in living organisms with using polymer-based cation IC column
Showa Denko to Launch New ShodexTM Analytical Columns: Five New Types Developed for SEC and Ion Exchange Chromatography
Showa Denko (SDK) (TOKYO:4004) will start selling next month five new types of ShodexTM high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) columns, namely, “GPC HK-401,” “GPC HK-405” and “GPC HK-HFIP404L” packed columns for gel permeation chromatography (GPC*1: size exclusion chromatography [SEC*2] using organic solvents) as well as “OHpakTM LB-805” packed column for gel filtration chromatography (GFC*3: SEC using aqueous solvents) and “IEC SP-FT 4A” packed column for ion exchange chromatography*4.
Showa Denko K.K. Gains “Thomson Reuters 2015 Top 100 Global Innovators Award”
Showa Denko (SDK) (TOKYO: 4004) has received “The Thomson Reuters 2015 Top 100 Global Innovators” award. This is the first time SDK is included in the Top 100 Global Innovators list produced by Thomson Reuters, a world-leading information service firm. A trophy was presented to SDK on December 1.
Thomson Reuters honors the world leaders in innovation each year, utilizing its value-added patent citation database and intellectual property intelligence platform. The company uses scientific and objective methodology involving four main criteria of patent volume, application-to-grant success, globalization and citation influence. SDK has been recognized for its achievements in globalization and citation influence. (In the screening process, Thomson Reuters analyzed various organizations’ records for the last five years. As for “globalization,” meanwhile, records for the past three years were covered.)
The Showa Denko Group is working to establish its competitive advantages for its global business activities, positively applying for patents to protect inventions across the major world markets. The Group will continue promoting its intellectual property strategy through close integration with business and R&D strategies.
Showa Denko K.K. introduced a new amino HILIC polymer-based column series, the VG-50 series.
The columns are available in 150 mm and 250 mm lengths in the standard analytical bore size (4.6 mm). Columns along with the protective guard column are available for sale now. These columns boast increased reducing sugars recovery (mannose and lactose, for example) are useful in the dairy industry.
Showa Denko America recommends the Shimadzu Center for Advanced Analytical Chemistry (SCAAC) for specialized method development. The SCAAC contains more than 20 state-of-the-art high resolution LCMS, gel permeation, and MALDI-TOF instruments. Beyond being an excellent teaching center for students at The University of Texas (Arlington Campus), the center offers method development at a standard rate. Showa Denko America is proud to offer free columns to assist in your method development. Please contact us for special details. Note that SCAAC rates are independently set.
Announcement: Change of NH2P Series Shipping Solvent
We will be changing the shipping solvents for the products listed below.
Therefore, please take note that there will be a difference of the actual shipping solvent as compared to the contents described in our 2013-2015 Shodex Catalog.
NH2P Series: (Listed in Page 12 of our 2013-2015 ShodexTM Catalog)
|Product Name||Product Code|
|Asahipak NH2P-50 4B||
|Asahipak NH2P-50 4D||
|Asahipak NH2P-50 4E||
|Asahipak NH2P-50G 4A||
|Asahipak NH2P-50 2D||
|Asahipak NH2P-50G 2A||F6713000|
|Asahipak NH2P-40 3E||
|Asahipak NH2P-50G 3A||F6710030|
(Details about change in shipping solvent)
|At present (as listed in catalog)||: H2O/CH3CN=25/75|
|Revision||: CH3CN (100%)|
(Period of Change)
Products manufactured after 1st May 2015.
Announcement: Discontinuation of Shodex RI-100 Series
We will discontinue the production of the following refractive index detctors at the end of February 2015. We will continue to repair Shodex RI-100 series. And we will sell RI-201H continuously.
In addition, we plan to sell new models “Shodex RI-500 series” from spring 2015 after we have acquired CE Marking.
[Period of Sales ending]
End of February, 2015
NEW! Introducing the VG-50 polymer-based HILIC series. The VG-50 series has the highest durability with increased reducing sugar recovery. This is the best column on the market for the separation of lactose, lactulose and epilactose, a crucial USP method used in the milk industry.
Application Note: Determination of Proteins and Carbohydrates by 2D HPLC (RPLC and HILIC) with Charged Aerosol and Ultraviolet Detection (click to open PDF) by Marc Plante, Bruce Bailey, Qi Zhang, David Thomas Thermo Fisher Scientific, Chelmsford, MA (Poster presented at the Eastern Analytical Symposium 2015)
Please note that this article will migrate to WHITE PAPERS & REPRINTS on or around February 1, 2017.
See Shodex VG Series for specifications and ordering.